19 nov 2011

Hummy is free again

I guess I always knew that I could never keep my little Humblebee. Hummy was a wild mouse who just needed a week longer to get used to living on her own. She was just too young to go away from her mom a week back. That is what I think anyway.

After Humblebee came home with me last tuesday she was not doing well at all, she was actually nearly dead. After some time warming up and a nice dinner she started to be herself again. These pictures are of the first day.





Then the next day she was starting to act like a wild mouse already hiding whenever I took her cage in my hands. I know it is small but it was the only place she could be in where she fit in and could not escape as long as the lid remained closed.




Over the days Humblebee started to get wilder and wilder and yesterday she actually escaped and nearly became dinner for my own kitties! That was the moment I decided she should go again, it was time to see my girl got back into the wild before she couldn't go back anymore. She obviously would never get used to living in a cage and I would not 'force' her to be a caged mice when she obviously was as wild as she could get.






Now she is in her coconut in the shed. She is safe there from wind and rain and the first couple of days she will still get a little food each day. The door is slightly open so she can leave whenever she feels ready to and tomorrow I will certainly check if she is still there and did not go back to the dying, cold little baby that she was a week ago.









She certainly came a long way from the sick and babylooking mouse on the first few pics until these pictures, don't you guys think?


Goodbye my Humblebee. It was nice knowing you but you are way better of where you belong then in a small cage for the rest of your life. Goodluck on your journeys and stay away from cats!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten