16 apr 2012

Ancistrus dolichopterus eggs

It happened! For a couple of weeks now my male Ancistrus was swimming after the female so I kind of expected eggs from them. Still when the male wouldn't come out of his hidingplace in the piece of wood in the fishtank yesterday I wondered what he was doing. I decided to take a picture of him in it and what did I see on the picture? The space in the wood where he sat was filled with orange eggs! Of course I kept a close eye on him the rest of the day and when he decided to get out of his hidingplace for a minute I quickly made some pictures of the eggs. There are alot of them! I hope at least some will grow up.

The pictures:

Mommy and daddy fish (sorry for the filthy window....)
 First picture I took, see those eggs?
 And when he was away for a moment

 There dad is again, guarding his eggs.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten